NOVA DVR UPGRADE FOR 1624 LATHE (SKU 53101 AND 71015)
Available in the US only.
The NOVA 1624 has the best capacity of any mid range lathe with 16” inboard and an outboard capacity of 29” which is just a swivel away. Now get the best out of your 1624 by adding our renowned Striatech DVR™ Intelligent Variable Speed Drive. Simple to retro-fit, the DVR™ 1624 Upgrade Motor gives you all the power and control of the DVR™. It’s a simple, easy to fit bolt on intelligent motor. All the existing functions that you know and love from the 1624 lathe (such as the full swivel headstock) are included in the new upgrade. In addition, all of your existing NOVA accessories such as NOVA Chucks, centers, bed extensions and outriggers will still fit your lathe with the upgrade. It’s not only easy to convert to outrigger work for larger bowls and to extend spindle capacity with add on beds, but the lathe has the power and capacity to handle it with ease.
Easy to operate, the Striatech DVR™ motor transforms your NOVA 1624 into a SMART lathe, using Adaptive Control™ Software. The intelligent computerized control assists you with your turning. For instance, it will measure the weight of the workpiece and adjust performance accordingly. Has the ability to sense faults in the set up and will advise. Senses safety issues such as chisel dig ins and spindle lock, and will instantly shut down power to the spindle. With no belts or pulleys to cause vibration, a computer that automatically adjusts performance and solid cast iron construction, this DVR motor is one smooth operator. This delivers the ability to turn faster and more efficiently and cuts down on sanding time. The 5 favorite speeds function also enables you to program your most used speeds, finishing your project faster.
DVR Features & Benefits:
- High torque Power
- Instant power when you need it. With it’s 1.75/110v high torque motor, exceptional structural strength and smart design.
- Plug n’ Play
- Easy to use, push button electronic variable speed with forward and reverse.
- Computer control instantly cuts power to the spindle if it senses a chisel dig in, or if the spindle lock is on when wanting to turn the spindle
- Variable speed 100 – 5000 RPM
- Low Maintenance
- Industrial Grade Electronics
- Faster, more efficient turning
- Easy Setup
- Easy to fit to the NOVA 1624 Lathe – swap out your old AC motor to the DVR using the same motor pulley and flange.
- No need for belt changes. Only one belt position required for full DVR variable speed from 100rpm to 3500rpm, including 5 custom preset speeds for your project roughing to finishing.
- Speed: 100-5000 rpm
- Motor: Striatech DVR High Torque Direct Drive 1.75HP – 110v single phase. 15amp supply. 220v compatible
- Forward and reverse motor function
- Fits all NOVA 1624 Lathes
- Other lathes may be able to be upgraded also
Warranty: 2-Year Full Replacement
- Striatech DVR motor
- Instruction Manual
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov