NOVA MINI 20mm (.78″) JAWS (SKU JS20N AND 71044)
The NOVA JS20N (20mm/0.78″) Mini Accessory Chuck Jaw set is for small bowls and unsupported small spigot turning. Ideal for midi/mini lathe work.
• Special NOVA dovetail profile, designed to maximize strength in holding wood for turning processes without crushing its fibers.
• All NOVA chuck accessory jaws are designed to hold in the expansion and contraction modes
• Same jaw fixing system across all standard NOVA chuck models (except Quick Change) – giving you maximum system interchangeability and flexibility.
• Perfect for small bowls and unsupported spigot work
The NOVA Mini Jaws are ideal for use with mini and midi lathes, and are capable of holding work below the size handled by the 25mm (1″) jaws. They are designed to securely hold small bowls up to 6″ in diameter, and small, free-end spigot turnings up to 5″ long. They can be used in expansion mode for bowls, or in contraction mode for spigots. Made from K1045 medium tensile carbon steel to provide maximum structural strength.
• A quick and easy workholding solution for small bowls and small unsupported spigot work.
• A great range of smaller projects can be mounted and turned using either the expansion mode (mostly for bowls) or the contraction mode (mostly for spigots)
• Multiple turned pieces (i.e. lace bobbins) can be turned from dowel stock
• Made from K1045 steel for maximum structural strength.
• The standard Woodworm Screw (included with NOVA chucks) can be used with these jaws.
• Only NOVA chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adapter system across all standard chuck models, giving you optimal flexibility. All accessory jaws in the Standard Chuck range will fit all the Standard NOVA (NOVA Infinity Quick Change requires optional accessory Upgrade Kit or Retro Fit Kit to attach standard NOVA Accessories) Some jaws, however, are not recommended for use on all NOVA Chucks due to sizing . See manual for recommendations.
• NOVA chucks are specially designed so the jaws cut into the wood, grip firmly in the contraction mode and provide high tear out strength.
19.8mm (.78”) – 41.4mm (1.63”)
Square: 19.8mm (.78”) – 9.9mm (.39)”
Spigot: 30mm (1.18”) – 7.9mm (.31”)
Actual sizes may vary depending on which NOVA chuck is being used.
WEIGHT: 14.5 ounces/411 grams
WARRANTY: 6-Years Full Replacement
Safety Advisory! Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void our market leading warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks.
Comes with 4 jaw segments and instructions. Uses the standard fasteners that come with your NOVA Chuck.
NOTE: NOVA chuck is an additional purchase.
We only recommend the use of authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chucks. Using copies or other brands and products on your NOVA chucks could lead to issues like run out, detachment or product failure. Doing so will invalidate the comprehensive NOVA warranty and most importantly, use of unauthorised accessories may be unsafe.
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov