Home CHUCKS NOVA TITAN II CHUCK (SKU 13055)
NOVA TITAN II CHUCK (SKU 13055)
The largest chuck in the NOVA chuck range. Ideal for those large lathes with 20″/508mm diameter swing and larger. Super Aggressive Holding Power. The Nova Titan Chuck is a large solid chuck designed for use on large lathes and for larger projects. This solid 5” diameter chuck with it’s larger jaw capacity is capable of handling much larger projects than the SuperNova 2 Chuck. The Titan can also take all NOVA chuck accessory jaw sets in the range. However, with it’s larger size, we recommend appropriate larger accessory jaws.
If your lathe is less than 508mm/20” diameter swing, please see the SuperNova2 Chuck.
If your lathe has less than 360mm/14″ diameter swing, please see the NOVA G3 Chuck.
If your lathe has less than 304mm/12” diameter swing, please see the NOVAPrecision Midi Chuck.
Discontinued. You may be interested in:NOVA TITAN III CHUCK (SKU 13060)
Features standard on all NOVA chucks:
- Precision Machining.
- Common accessory jaw fixing profile – compatible across all NOVA chucks and accessories.
- High tech precision composite jaw sides.
- Special Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
- Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
- Comprehensive Instructions.
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw.
- 2 Years Warranty
Titan II Features & Benefits
- Fully sealed backing plate. Solid Sheet Steel backing plate, prevents build up of wood dust, ensuring minimal maintanence.
- Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™Technology. Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
- Large Chuck Body. The 125mm/5” diameter chuck translates into a rugged workhorse that is perfect for large lathes and tackling super solid projects.
- Single Handed Operation. Fast and convenient when mounting your project. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
- Ball nose Allen Key with large, easy grip handle. Fast, positive location, easy and comfortable to use.
- Body made from precision machined 1045 High Tensile Steel, with a polished self metal finish to allow for closer tolerances.
- Able to take all NOVA accessories jaws.
Product Technical Specification
- Recommended for power workholding on lathes from 350mm (14”) to 838mm (33”) diameter swing.
- Up to 838mm/33” diameter bowls (using PowerGrip™ jaws)
- Up to 482mm/19” length spigots (using PowerGrip™ jaws)
- Full Packaged Weight (Std) 3.67kgs/7.93lbs
Able to take the entire NOVA jaws range. Only NOVA Chucks give you the same jaw fixing system all chuck models. All accessory jaws in the range fit all the chucks in the range (including older chuck models) giving you the ultimate flexibility. When purchasing a NOVA chuck, you can be confident that (whether you want to move up or down the range), any accessories you have invested in will fit.
- Chuck Body & Jaw Slides (Comes fully assembled)
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw (Extra Long)
- Manual & Fastenings
- Display/Storage Box
- T Bar Allen Head Handle with Soft Plastic Grip
- 1 1/4″8TPI RH – SKU 13055
- M33 RH – SKU 13057
- At this time we only have the Titan II Chuck in dedicated threaded versions. These chucks cannot take the standard insert/adaptors and cannot be fitted to any other lathe spindle size.
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
We only recommend the use of authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chucks.Using copies or other brands and products on your NOVA chucks could lead to issues like run out, detachment or product failure. Doing so will invalidate the comprehensive NOVA warranty and most importantly, use of unauthorized accessories may be unsafe.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov