Home CHUCKS NOVA SUPERNOVA2 WOODTURNING CHUCK – INSERT TYPE (SKU 23055 AND 71051)
NOVA SUPERNOVA2 WOODTURNING CHUCK – INSERT TYPE (SKU 23055 AND 71051)
Suitable for a wide variety of lathes with up to 20″ swing. The SuperNOVA2 Chuck is fully featured and one of the most popular on the market today. Unique features such as Composite Indexing Back, Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides, Woodworm Screw, Comfortable Tilt away T Bar Handle and 2″ Jaws come standard. Powerful patented Tuff Lock™ gearing with precise, hardened action. Delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance. You’ll find yourself turning longer, more delicate stems. Large, uneven and rough work that you couldn’t handle before can be turned with greater security. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA Chucks. This is an Insert type chuck, it requires an additional insert adaptor to fit a lathe. The SuperNOVA2 also comes in a direct thread suitable for EU market, M33x3.5 (Sku 23062).
- Fully sealed composite indexing backing plate. Made from ultra-tough Duracon composite, reinforced with stranded glass-fibers for extremely long life in tough conditions. Self-lubricating properties. Unique indexing function built into backing-plate. Holographic sticker for NOVA authenticity.
- Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology. Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
- Single Handed Operation. Fast and convenient when mounting your project. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
- Captured pinion and ball nose Allen key with large, easy grip handle. Rotation arrow for easy reference and fast opening and closing action. Unique, tilt away action, means it can be angled back in operation, away from work.
- Body made from precision machined 1045 High Tensile Steel with a self-polished metal finish to allow for closer tolerances.
- Precision machined from solid steel.
- Common accessory jaw fixing profile – compatible across all NOVA chucks and accessories.
- High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides.
- Special Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
- Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
- Common Insert/Adaptor Fitting – compatible across all NOVA Chucks.
- 4-jaws lock down solidly.
- Recommended for power workholding on lathes from 350mm (14”) to 508mm (20”) diameter swing.
- Up to 736mm/29” diameter bowls (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws).
- Up to 482mm/19” length spigots (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws).
- Up to 310mm/12″ bowl (using standard 50mm accessories jaw).
- Up to 150mm/6″ length x 10mm/4″ diameter (using standard 50mm accessories jaw).
- 24 Division Index built into the backing plate design.
Packaged Weight: 2.5kgs/5.512lbs
WARRANTY: 6-Year Full Replacement
Safety Advisory! Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void our market leading warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
1 x SuperNOVA Chuck body complete with Tuff lock gearing and composite slides, threaded to take NOVA Insert/Adaptors
(note: additional purchase)
1 x Tilt Away T-bar Handle
1 x Standard 50mm/2″ Accessory Jaws
1 x Woodworm Screw
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov