Home CHUCKS NOVA SUPERNOVA2 COMPANION INSERT TYPE BODY ONLY (SKU 23067 AND 71092)
NOVA SUPERNOVA2 COMPANION INSERT TYPE BODY ONLY (SKU 23067 AND 71092)
Suitable for a wide variety of lathes with up to 20″ swing. Unique features such as Composite Indexing Back, Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides and Comfortable T Bar Handle. Powerful patented Tuff Lock gearing with precise, hardened action. Delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance. You’ll find yourself turning longer, more delicate stems. Large, uneven and rough work that you couldn’t handle before can be turned with greater security. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA chucks. Insert Type Chuck, requires additional insert adaptor to fit to lathe.
* Body only. Does not include chuck jaws. For a fully configured version, see SKU 23055
- Precision machined from 1045 High Tensile Steel with a polished self-metal finish to allow for closer tolerances.
- Fully sealed composite indexing backing plate. Made from ultra-tough Duracon composite, reinforced with stranded glass-fibers for extremely long life in tough conditions. Self-lubricating properties. Unique indexing function built into the backing plate. Holographic sticker for NOVA authenticity.\
- Unique tilt away T-bar handle for easy and convenient access
- Fits the full range of NOVA chuck accessories (Note: Does not come with accessory jaws)
- Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology. Precise, hardened geared action delivers solid, vibration free turning. Solid, vibration. Single Handed Operation. Fast and convenient when mounting your project. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
- Captured pinion and ball nose Allen key with large, easy grip handle. Rotation arrow for easy reference and fast opening and closing action. Unique, tilt away action, means it can be angled back in operation, away from work.
- Common accessory jaw fixing profile – compatible across all NOVA chucks and accessories.
- High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides.
- Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
- Common Insert/Adaptor Fitting – compatible across all NOVA Chucks.
- Recommended for power work-holding on lathes from 350mm (14”) to 508mm (20”) diameter swing.
- Up to 736mm/29” diameter bowls (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws – Additional purchase).
- Up to 482mm/19” length spigots (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws – Additional purchase).
- Up to 310mm/12″ bowl (using standard 50mm accessories jaw – Additional purchase, included with SKU 23055).
- Up to 150mm/6″ length x 10mm/4″ diameter (using standard 50mm accessories jaw – Additional purchase, included with SKU 23055).
24 Division Index built into the backing plate design.
Packaged Weight: 2.5kgs/5.5lbs
WARRANTY: 6-Year Full Replacement
Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non-genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void our market-leading warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
1 x SuperNOVA Chuck body complete with Tuff lock gearing and composite slides, threaded to take NOVA Insert/Adaptors
(note: additional purchase)
1 x Tilt Away Handle
We only recommend the use of authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chucks.Using copies or other brands and products on your NOVA chucks could lead to issues like run out, detachment or product failure. Doing so will invalidate the comprehensive NOVA warranty and most importantly, use of unauthorized accessories may be unsafe.
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov