Home LATHE ACCESSORIES CHISELS NOVA SMART CHISEL HANDLE BETA RELEASE (SKU 9047)
NOVA SMART CHISEL HANDLE BETA RELEASE (SKU 9047)
The world’s first patented NOVA Smart Chisel Handle is available in very limited quantities under our Beta test program.
IMPORTANT NOTES TO THE BETA RELEASE
This chisel handle will ONLY work with NOVA DVR Remote Ready Lathes (see notes). This BETA test unit is provided at a discount. In return for this discount, we ask that you please complete a short survey that will be emailed to you 7 days after you have received your test chisel. BETA test unit comes with a 1-Year Full Warranty. If you missed out on the limited run Beta edition, you will be able to sign up via email for production units availability in a few weeks.
We will keep you posted on teknatool.com.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Fits on any NOVA DVR remote ready lathe (see compatibility below)
- Wireless control at your fingertips for stop, start and speed adjustments.
- LED inspection light to inspect your work
- Change up the brightness of your LED light to suit your personal requirements with a simple press and hold of the button for 12 seconds.
- Invaluable for long spindle work, or large platters/bowls when you can’t come close to the headstock
- Saves time – easy speed controls from the chisel handle
- Rubberized handle for comfortable turning from the hip
- Good weight for tool steadiness and vibration dampening – especially with larger work but improves turning on any work
- USB Li-ion re-chargeable battery
- LED will start to flash when battery is life is lower than 20% to alert you to recharge.
WHAT IS A DVR REMOTE READY LATHE?
- All NOVA Saturn DVR Lathes
- All NOVA Galaxi DVR Lathes
- Some versions of the NOVA DVR 2024 Lathe (check the FAQ or contact us before ordering)
- All NOVA DVR 1624 Upgrade Motors (SKU 53101)
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE A NOVA DVR REMOTE READY LATHE?
- Some older NOVA DVR Lathes can upgrade their DVR Control Panel with the NOVA DVR Remote Retro Fit Kit (SKU 55523) in order to access the Smart Chisel Technology, check with us
- NOVA 1624 and 1624 II Lathes first will need to upgrade to a DVR motor and controller (SKU 53101) in order to access the NOVA Smart Chisel technology.
- Other non NOVA DVR lathe owners will not be able to access this Smart Chisel Handle Technology.
- 2.4Ghzx Radio Frequency (RF) operation (FCC compliant)
- Range up to 23 feet (7 meters) line of sight
- Rechargeable battery gives approx 4 hrs of continuous use and takes from between 5-8hrs to charge, depending on charging unit used
- 16 Inch/406mm Long
- Rubberized handle grip for maximum comfort.
- Hollow Handle with 7/8″ bore
- Addiitonal collets avaialble for 5/8″, 1/2″, 3/8″ and 1/4″ to fit all round turning stock gouges
- Includes tang collet to securely hold tanged tools
- 1- Year Full Replacement Warranty
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov
|Dimensions||24 x 2.5 x 2.5 in|