Home CHUCKS NOVA G3 WOODTURNING CHUCK – INSERT TYPE (SKU 48202 AND 71081)
NOVA G3 WOODTURNING CHUCK – INSERT TYPE (SKU 48202 AND 71081)
It’s light weight, and with less overhang which is perfect for smaller lathe spindles. The small 1.79″ body length delivers less overhang from the spindle than the larger geared Chucks – the SuperNova2 Chuck and the Nova Titan Chuck, reducing stress on smaller lathe spindles. 4 Jaw self centering geared chuck, suitable for smaller lathes with up to 14″ swing. Fully featured chuck including Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides, Woodworm Screw, Comfortable T Bar Handle and 2″ Jaws. Powerful Tuff Lock gearing with precise, hardened action delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA Chucks. Insert Type Chuck, requires additional insert adaptor to fit to lathe.
• Powerful and fast Tuff Lock geared action for smaller lathes
• Convienient one handed operation with T bar handle – more time turning, less time preparing
• Open back for easy cleaning and to reduce weight on smaller lathe spindles
• Special NOVA Wood turning profile on Jaws to cut into and grip wood fibres firmly
• Precision machined from single solid steel billet for maximum performance.
• High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides.
• Special NOVA Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
• Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
• Common Insert/Adaptor Fitting – compatible across all NOVA chucks.
• Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw included.
• Small, Compact Design. Minimizes load on small spindles and bearings.
• Open back for easy cleaning.
• Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology. Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
• Single Handed Operation. Chuck key has fast, positive location, easy and comfortable to use. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
• Able to take most NOVA accessories jaws.*
*The larger accessory jaws in the NOVA chuck range are not recommended for use on the NOVA G3 Chuck. For more information, consult your NOVA Accessory Jaw Manual. Only NOVA Chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adaptor system across all chuck models.
• Recommended for power workholding on lathes up to 400mm/14” diameter swing*
• Up to 350mm/14″ diameter bowls using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Up to 50mm/2″ length spigots (using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Full Packaged Weight = 1.4kgs/3lbs.
WARRANTY: 6-Year Full Replacement
Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non-genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void our market-leading warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
1 x NOVA G3 Chuck body complete with Tuff lock gearing and composite slides, threaded to take NOVA Insert/Adaptors (additional purchase)
1 x TBar Handle
1 x Standard 50mm/2″ Accessory Jaws
1 x Woodworm Screw
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov