Home LATHES NOVA 1624 LATHE (SKU 24146)
NOVA 1624 LATHE (SKU 24146)
The NOVA 1624 Lathe represents the most power, most versatility and most features of any comparable mid range lathe.
Note: This model has been replaced with the 1624-II.
This product has been discontinued. You may be interested in:NOVA 1624 II LATHE (SKU 24221 AND 71070)
- Powerful 1.5HP Motor
- Fantastic 8 speed range from 215-3600rpm (US market)
- 16″/400mm inboard swing
- Up to 29″/740mm outboard swing, using the fast and easy to use optional outrigger accessory.
- 24″/600mm between centers, extendable in 20″/510mm increments with optional bed extension accessory.
- Quality materials – Solid Cast Iron throughout.
- Stationary lathe capabilities in a compact workspace. Incredible power in a compact working space, great for those who need all the workshop space they can get! The swivel head and articulated Outrigger Accessory means that turning even large bowls (29”) you are still turning in the same compact working envelope.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- NOVA smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models, meaning any money invested in the accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe.
- Fully 360° Swivel head – position work where you want it, makes your turning more comfortable and saves you workshop space.
- Precision Machining.
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer.
- Extendable Beds – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item)
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast.
- Large Capacities
- Great Speed Range
- Large range of accessories
- Bowl turning capacity: 400mm/16″ onboard. 740mm/29″ outboard. (Using optional outrigger accessory)
- Between centers: Standard 600mm/24″. Extendable to as long as you want in 510mm/20″ increments, using optional bed extension accessory.
- HP: 1.5HP (115V)
- Speed range: 215 – 3600 rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1 1/4″ 8TPI RH (USA, Canada, Australasia & UK), M33 x 3.5 RH (Europe excluding UK)
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow
- Swivel head: 360 degree swivel and lock at any position, plus detent locating positions at 0, 22, 4 and 90 degree. High accuracy and easy swivel.
- Net Weight (Std): 114kgs/251lbs including stand and motor
- Indexing: 24 Division
• 1.5HP AC motor
• 80mm/3″ faceplate
• 300mm/12″ toolrest
• 2MT live centre.
• 2MT spur Centre
• Manual & Fastenings
• Cast Iron and Steel Stand