Home LATHES NOVA 1624 II LATHE (SKU 24221 AND 71070)
NOVA 1624 II LATHE (SKU 24221 AND 71070)
Excellent entry level lathe that has enough versatility and power to give many years of turning. 8-speed range – features a low speed of 215 rpm essential for serious and safe large piece and bowl turning work. Steel and cast iron stand included as standard equipment. Full swivel head functionality and solid cast iron components complete the package. Available in the 11/4″8TPI thread. Includes 1.5HP AC motor, belt, stand, 2MT live center, 2MT spur/drive center, 3″ faceplate, 12′ toolrest, manual and fastenings. Note: This unit replaces the older NOVA 1624 Lathe. All old accessories and parts are interchangeable.
Warranty: 2 Year full replacement on motor, 5 years full replacement on all other parts
- Powerful 1.5HP Motor delivers continuous power. Provides 50% more power than comparable lathes on the market, to allow for much larger projects
- Fantastic 8-speed range from 215 – 3600 RPM (USA/Canada) & 178-3000 RPM (rest of world) low speed perfect for bowl turning.
- 16″/400mm inboard swing
- Up to 29″/740mm outboard swing, using the fast and easy to use optional outrigger accessory
- 24″/600mm between centers, extendable in 20″/510mm increments with optional bed extension accessory
- Quality materials – Solid Cast Iron throughout for rock solid performance.
- Stationary lathe capabilities in a compact workspace. Incredible power in a compact working space, great for those who need all the workshop space they can get! The 360° swivel head and articulated Outrigger Accessory means that even when turning large bowls (29”) you are still turning in the same compact area.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- Easy speed change
- Easy speed viewer
- NOVA smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models. Money invested in accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe
- Fully 360° Swivel head – position work where you want it, makes your turning more comfortable and saves you workshop space.
- Precision Machining.
- Spindle Lock and 24 Division Index
- Heavy Duty Bearings
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer. These feature easy-grip rubber handles.
- Extendable Beds – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taken up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item)
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast
- Large range of accessories
- True Swivel head – easy on the back and allows Turner to operate in a compact working area – great for those who need extra workshop space.
- Superior bowl turning performance, the only lathe in its segment with a true swivel head & outrigger for bowls up to 29”. Nova 1624 has more power, lower speeds and the capacity to handle really large bowls
- 50% more power available than others in the same segment with a massive 1.5HP motor.
- The 1624 lathe is the only one on the market in this price bracket with this much versatility
- Reversible motor – Great for finishing and left-handed turners.
- Adjustable vibration dampening stand – Feet individually adjustable to suit floor level, included with the lathe.
- Bowl turning capacity: 400mm/16″ onboard. 740mm/29″ outboard. (Using optional outrigger accessory)
- Between centers: Standard 600mm/24″. Extendable to as long as you want in 510mm/20″ increments, using optional bed extension accessory.
- 1.5HP 230V, 50Hz
- Forward and Reverse motor function
- Speed range: 214-3600 RPM (USA/Canada)
- 178-3000 RPM (rest of world)
- Belt drive – cam operated
- Spindle Thread: 1 1/4″ x 8TPI RH (USA, Canada, Australasia & UK), M33 x 3.5 RH (Europe excluding the UK)
- Tailstock and headstock: 2MT Hollow
- Cam action easy lock on Tailstock & Toolrest
- Swivel head: 360-degree swivel and lock at any position, plus detent locating positions at 0, 22.5, 45, 90 and 315 (for left-hand
turners) degrees. High accuracy and easy swivel.
- Indexing: 24 Division
5 Year Warranty on Parts and Components
2 Year Warranty on motor
SKU 55224 Bed Extension Accessory (Black)
SKU 55223 Outrigger Accessory (Black)
WEIGHT: 251 Lbs / 114kgs including Stand and Motor
Link to the Frequently Asked Questions of this product
NOVA 1624 II
Update to 1624 Manual
Your NOVA 1624 wood lathe now comes with additional safety feature, and is now fitted with an
emergency stop button on the motor. This button is for emergencies only. The machine will coast to a stop if this button is pushed in.
Important: Once this Emergency stop button is pushed, you must release into the “OUT” position before you can use the lathe again. You must twist to release it into the OUT position before you can turn on the lathe.
• Use the regular STOP button if you want the lathe to come to a stop.
• To turn the machine on and off, use the on/off switch on the motor.
1 x Motor 1.5HP AC
1 x Cast Iron Box Section Metal Stand
1 x 2MT Spur Drive Centre
1 x 2MT Live Drive Centre
1 x 3”/80mm Steel Faceplate
1 x 12”/300mm Cast Iron Toolrest
California Residents Proposition 65
WARNING: Drilling, sawing, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a substance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a dust mask or other safeguards for personal protection.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals (Rust Prevention Oil) which are known to the State of California to cause cancer. Always wash your hands after unpacking the product for first use and use in a well ventilated area. Dispose of packaging bags thoughtfully.
For more information go to: P65Warnings.ca.gov