Home LATHES NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE
NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE
46300 – 1″8TPI Lathe
Portable, space saving – yet delivers the capacity and the rugged stability of larger lathes. With the NOVA’s unique Versaturn Accessories you can transform your NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe into an all-in-one woodturning and woodworking system. The NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe is perfect for a wide range of woodworking projects.
1-year full replacement warranty on motor and controller
2-year full replacement warranty on all other parts
Powerful Electronic Variable Speed Motor
Rpm range from 250 to 4000 rpm. With a super lower speed up to a super-high speed, this makes the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe the perfect choice for a variety of projects, from pens to bowls.
Forward and Reversing Switch
Offers addtional flexibility and allows you to achieve a superior finish.
12″ Swing Capacity over bed and 16.5″ between centers
Extendable with bed extension accessory.
3 Step Pulley System
Offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexibility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most wood turning applications. However, the additional 2 steps provide more torque for more demanding applications.
Versaturn Adaptable Technology Accessories
The NOVA Versaturn™ Adaptable Technology is exclusive to NOVA.
With the addition of the Versaturn™ Coupler, these accessories enable you to turn your NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe into a:
– grinding wheel
– 6″ wire brush
- Quality materials – Solid cast iron throughout.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- NOVA smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models, meaning any money invested in the accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe.
- Precision machining.
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer.
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast.
- Large range of accessories
Product technical specifications:
- Bowl turning capacity: 12″/300mm inboard.
- Between centers: Standard 16.5″/419mm. Extendable to 42″/1066mm, using optional bed extension accessory.
- HP: 3/4HP, 120v single phase, 60Hz, Variable Speed
- Speed range: 250 – 4000rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1″8TPI RH
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow, quill travel 1.6″/40.60mm
- 3″/80mm faceplate
- 6″/152mm toolrest
- 2MT live center
- 2MT spur center
- Manual & fastenings
- Hand wheel
- Knock out bar
NOVA Comet bed extension
Enables the Comet II Midi Lathe to be extended in length, perfect for longer spindle projects.
NOVA Comet Stand
Enables the Comet II Midi Lathe to be mounted on a stand.
The Comet II Stand has a rugged tubular steel and adjustable design providing a mobile and stable work support for the Comet II Midi-Lathe.
V-style legs that allow for more room under the lathe for easy maneuvering. Mounts directly to your Comet II Midi Lathe.
NOVA G3 Comet II Reversible Chuck
Auto-stop jaw slides, enhanced jaw gearing and reverse lock features that ensure the G3 Comet II Reversible chuck will remain engaged and locked on the spindle (for use in forward and reverse). Exclusively for the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe.