Home Chucks NOVA SuperNOVA2 WOODTURNING CHUCK (M33)
NOVA SuperNOVA2 WOODTURNING CHUCK (M33)
• Powerful and fast Tuff Lock geared action
• Unique tilt away T Bar handle for easy and convenient access
• Composite indexing backing plate reinforced with stranded glass fibres for extra strength
• Fits full range of NOVA Chuck Accessories
• Special NOVA Wood turning profile on Jaws to cut into and grip wood fibres firmly
• Precision machined from solid steel
• 4-Jaws Lock down solidly
WARRANTY: 6-Year Full Replacement
The SuperNOVA2 Wood Turning Chuck (Direct threaded M33) is a 4 Jaw self centering geared chuck, suitable for M33 x 3.5 lathes with up to 20″ swing. Packed with unique NOVA features such as Composite Indexing Back, Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides, Woodworm Screw, Comfortable T Bar Handle and 2″ Jaws as standard, the SuperNOVA2 Chuck is fully featured and one of the most popular on the market today. Powerful patented Tuff Lock gearing with precise, hardened action delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance – you’ll find yourself turning longer, more delicate stems and large, uneven and rough work that you couldn’t handle before can be turned with greater security. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA Chucks. The SuperNOVA2 also comes in a insert/adaptor version, for fitting to most lathe types.
- Fully sealed composite indexing backing plate. Made from ultra tough Duracon composite, reinforced with stranded glass fibres for extremely long life in tough conditions. Self lubricating properties. Unique indexing function built into backing plate. Holographic sticker for NOVA authenticity
- Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology. Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
- Single Handed Operation. Fast and convenient when mounting your project. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
- Captured pinion and Ball nose Allen key with large, easy grip handle. Fast, positive location, easy and comfortable to use. Rotation arrow for easy reference and fast opening and closing action. Unique, tilt away action, means it can be angled back in operation, away from work.
- Body made from precision machined 1045 High Tensile Steel, with a polished self metal finish to allow for closer tolerances. Quality Materials.
- Precision Machining.
- Common Accessory Jaw Fixing Profile – compatible across all NOVA chucks and accessories.
- High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides.
- Special Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
- Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
- Comprehensive Instructions.
- Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw.
- Recommended for power workholding on lathes from 350mm (14”) to 508mm (20”) diameter swing.
- Up to 736mm/29” diameter bowls (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws)
- Up to 482mm/19” length spigots (using PowerGrip™ accessory jaws)
- Up to 310mm/12″ bowl (using standard 50mm accessories jaw)
- Up to 150mm/6″ lengh x 10mm/4″ diameter (using standard 50mm accessories jaw)
- Full Packaged Weight (Std) 2.5kgs/5.512lbs
- 24 Division Index built into the backing plate design.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
View Product manuals and other technical information (.pdf)
View Product brochures and other marketing materials (.pdf)
1 x SuperNOVA Chuck body complete with Tuff lock gearing and composite slides, threaded to M33x3.5RH. Note, this chuck cannot take the NOVA Insert/Adaptors.
1 x Tilt Away Handle
1 x Standard 50mm/2″ Accessory Jaws
1 x Woodworm Screw
We only recommend the use of authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chucks.
Using copies or other brands and products on your NOVA chucks could lead to issues like run out, detachment or product failure.
Doing so will invalidate the comprehensive NOVA warranty and most importantly, use of unauthorised accessories may be unsafe.