Home Chucks NOVA G3 WOODTURNING CHUCK (INSERT TYPE)
NOVA G3 WOODTURNING CHUCK (INSERT TYPE)
NOVA G3 Wood Turning Chuck Insert Type is a 4 Jaw self centering geared chuck, suitable for smaller lathes with up to 14″ swing. With unique NOVA features such as Auto Stop, Copper composite Jaw Slides, Woodworm Screw, Comfortable T Bar Handle and 2″ Jaws as standard, this chuck is fully featured. Powerful Tuff Lock gearing with precise, hardened action delivers incredibly smooth strength for a solid, vibration free performance. Takes the same accessory range as other NOVA Chucks. Insert Type Chuck, requires additional insert adaptor to fit to lathe. Awarded Best Value in Chuck Test by Wood Magazine Sept 2011.
• Powerful and fast Tuff Lock geared action for smaller lathes
• Convienient one handed operation with T bar handle – more time turning, less time preparing
• Open back for easy cleaning and to reduce weight on smaller lathe spindles
• Special NOVA Wood turning profile on Jaws to cut into and grip wood fibres firmly
Its light weight, and with less overhang which is perfect for smaller lathe spindles. The small 1.79″ body length delivers less overhang from the spindle than the larger geared Chucks – the SuperNova2 Chuck and the Nova Titan Chuck, reducing stress on smaller lathe spindles.
Note: If your lathe is less than 14” diameter swing, please see the NOVA Precision Midi chuck. If your lathe has more than 14” diameter swing, please see the SuperNova2 Chuck, NOVA Infinity or the NOVA Titan Chuck.
1 x NOVA G3 Chuck body complete with Tuff lock gearing and composite slides, threaded to take NOVA Insert/Adaptors (additional purchase)
1 x TBar Handle
1 x Standard 50mm/2″ Accessory Jaws
1 x Woodworm Screw
WARRANTY: 6-Year Full Replacement
Safety Advisory! Only use authentic NOVA accessories on your NOVA chuck. Using non genuine NOVA and copies of accessories could lead to operation and safety issues and will void our market leading warranty. NOVA accessories are designed for use only on NOVA Chucks. Do not use on any other chuck.
• Quality materials used throughout for long life in tough woodworking conditions.
• Precision machined from single solid steel billet for maximum performance.
• High Tech Precision Composite Jaw Slides. Special NOVA Woodturning Dovetail Profile on Jaws.
• Auto Safety Stop Feature. Jaw slides can’t protrude past the chuck body.
• Comprehensive Instructions.Common Insert/Adaptor Fitting – compatible across all NOVA chucks.
• Safe Lock™ Woodworm Screw included.
• Small, Compact Design. Minimises load on small spindles and bearings.
• Precision Machined.
• Open back for easy cleaning.
• Powerful Geared Grip with Tuff Lock™ Technology.Precise, hardened geared action delivers incredible smooth strength. Solid, vibration free.
• Single Handed Operation. Chuck key has fast, positive location, easy and comfortable to use. More time spent turning and less time spent preparing.
• Body made from precision machined 1045 High Tensile Steel, with a polished self metal finish to allow for closer tolerances.
• Able to take all NOVA accessories jaws. However please note: the larger accessory jaws in the NOVA chuck range are not recommended for use on the NOVA G3 Chuck. For more information, consult your NOVA Accessory Jaw Manual. Only NOVA Chucks give you the same jaw fixing system and same insert/adaptor system across all chuck models.
• Recommended for power workholding on lathes up to 400mm/14” diameter swing.
• Up to 350mm/14″ diameter bowls using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Up to 50mm/2″ length spigots (using 50mm/2” Jaws (supplied with chuck)
• Full Packaged Weight (Std) 1.4kgs/3.1lbs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.