Home Lathes NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE
NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE
46300 – 1″8TPI Lathe
BUY: Buy Online Now
Portable, space saving – yet delivers the capacity and the rugged stability of larger lathes. With the NOVAs unique VERSATURN® Accessories, transform your NOVA Comet II midi lathe into a all-in-one Wood Turning and Wood Working system. The NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe is perfect for a wide range of Wood Working projects.
1-Year Motor and Controller
5-Years Mechanical and parts
Powerful Electronic Variable Speed Motor offers an RPM range from 250 to 4000 RPM With a super lower speed up to a super-high speed, this makes the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe the perfect choice for a variety of projects, from pens to bowls.
Forward and Reversing Switch offers addtional flexiblity and allows you to achieve a superior finish.
12″ Swing Capacity over bed and 16.5″ between centers, extendable with bed extension accessory.
3 Step Pulley System offers different speed ranges while providing maximum flexbility. The middle step usually provides enough range for most Wood Turning applications, however the addtional 2 steps provide more torque for the more demanding applications.
Versaturn® Adapatable Technology Accessories The NOVA Verstaturn® Adaptable Technology is exclusive to NOVA. With the addition of the Versaturn® Coupler, these accessories enable you to turn your NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe into a:
– Grinding Wheel
– 6″ Wire Brush
(Each accessory is sold seperately, these cannot be fitted to any other lathe other than the NOVA Comet II)
Plus these Additional Features ( standard on all NOVA Lathes):
- Quality materials – Solid Cast Iron throughout.
- Strong 2MT spindles
- NOVA smart accessories – lathe accessories are common between the models, meaning any money invested in the accessories isn’t wasted if you upgrade your NOVA lathe.
- Precision Machining.
- Long reach toolslides, designed to take advantage for the extra capacity the NOVA lathes offer.
- Extendable Beds – make your lathe as long as your project requires, without having permanently taking up workshop room! (Additional Accessory item)
- Quick Action Cam Controls – precisely adjust to your requirements, fast.
- Large range of accessories
Comet II Midi Lathe Accessories Versaturn® Attachments:
NOVA Comet Bed Extension
Enables the Comet II Midi Lathe to be extended in length, perfect for longer spindle projects.
NOVA Comet Stand
Enables the Comet II Midi Lathe to be mounted on a stand.
This Comet II Stand has a rugged tubular steel and adjustable design, providing a mobile and stable work support for the Comet II Midi-Lathe. The stand also has v-style legs that allow for more room under the lathe for easy maneuvering.The Comet II Stand mounts directly to your Comet II Midi-Lathe.
NOVA G3 Comet II Reversible Chuck
Auto-Stop Jaw Slides, Enhanced Jaw Gearing and Reverse Lock features that ensure this NOVA G3 Comet II Reversible chuck will remain engaged and locked on the spindle for use in forward and reverse. Exclusively for the NOVA Comet II Midi Lathe.
For more on this chuck, see here
- Bowl turning capacity: 12″/300mm inboard.
- Between centers: Standard 16.5″/419mm. Extendable to 42″/1066mm, using optional bed extension accessory.
- HP: 3/4HP, 120v single phase, 60Hz, Variable Speed
- Speed range: 250 – 4000rpm
- Spindle Thread: 1″8TPI RH
- Tailstock: 2MT hollow, quill travel 1.6″/40.60mm
View Product Brochures (.pdf)
Read Magazine Reviews (.pdf)
View Product Presentation (.pdf)
Link to the Frequently Asked Questions of this product
NOVA Comet II
There is no further information for this product at this time. Please check back again soon.
- 3″/80mm faceplate
- 6″/152mm toolrest
- 2MT live centre
- 2MT spur centre
- Manual & Fastenings
- Hand wheel
- Knock out bar